Elite Kitchen and Bath Inc.
Quality Kitchen Designs For Any Budget!
9 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE QUARTZ.
With the many varieties of countertop materials available, it's often challenging for homeowners to determine which will be the best choice for their home. To aid in this process, we offer nine reasons why you should seriously consider quartz vs. granite as your top choice.
1. Cost. Every homeowner has a budget for their home renovations. You want the best value for your money. Quartz is less expensive than exotic granite. If your kitchen is large with lots of counter space, the cost of your counter top can quickly rise to high numbers. With quartz, you don't have to compromise a great look for an affordable price.
2. Appearance. Quartz, unlike other stone slabs, can be crafted with a controlled appearance. The way quartz slabs are produced allows the manufacturer to ensure that the slab is exactly the color, texture and pattern that you want. There are no defects in the slab to cut around and run up the cost.
3. Strength. Quartz counters are made by combining 93% natural quartz stone with 7% resin binder and some colourant. This creates an extremely hard stone that is stronger that granite or marble. The slab is the same working thickness as other materials, and it is shaped, cut and finished using the same stone-cutting equipment.
4. Non-porous. Granite and marble are both porous stones with tiny capillary channels between the minerals. If you spill wine on unsealed granite or marble, the wine can sink into these channels and potentially permanently stain the stone. Quartz has no channels and it never requires sealing. Quartz is very stain resistant.This makes it much easier to use and maintain in the kitchen or bathroom.
5. Hygienic. Top brand quartz counters, like Caesarstone, are manufactured to be hygienic and to reduce the opportunity for bacteria to grow. This makes top brand quartz counters appropriate for food preparation and consumption. When evaluating quartz, make sure it's been certified by the National Sanitation Foundation as a safe countertop. You can also ask if it's been certified Kosher.
6. Maintenance. Granite and marble countertops must be sealed regularly to prevent staining and the growth of bacteria. This maintenance adds to the cost of these countertops. Quartz does not require sealing or other routine maintenance to maintain its beauty and functionality.
7. Color consistency. Most homeowners are not aware that some granite slabs are commercially dyed in order to improve their sales profiles. The most commonly dyed slabs are the family of black granites. Over time, these dyes change and the appearance of the counter may not be what the customer expected. Quartz is manufactured in many colors, and the color is consistent throughout the entire slab.
8. Cleaning. When you pay for your counter, you want it to be user friendly. With quartz, cleaning the counter is easy. The quartz washes off with soap and water and looks as good as new. You don't have to use special bacteria-preventing soaps. Read more about caring for and maintaining quartz countertops here.
9. Scratches. Quartz, because of its design and manufacturing process, is a durable and scratch resistant product. By exercising standard care, your finish will look fabulous throughout your countertop's lifetime.